How To Get More Beauty Clients
You don’t need to be really good at makeup to get clients. But you do need to be good at attracting customers. If you’re just starting out or you’re a veteran in the industry it is always good to continue understanding your customer’s what’s and needs and improving your brand. Here are some ways how to attract more clients as a beauty professional.
Build Your Brand
- Define your brand.
- Create a logo and have it printed on business cards and stationery.
- Create a social media presence, and email address for your business—all with the same name as your business! Make sure to use this information everywhere you are listed online so that people can easily find you when they’re looking for beauty services in their area.
- Developing a brand voice is essential to make sure potential clients know exactly what they’re getting into when they hire you as their stylist or makeup artist. Think about who your ideal client is (and make sure they aren’t too old), what they care about most (their hair? Their skin?), and how those things influence how they want others to see them (do they want others to think of them as sophisticated? Fashionable?)Once you’ve established these traits, apply them throughout all aspects of your brand strategy: copywriting; social media posts; even signage outside of the studio where customers come in for appointments! It’s important that every customer sees themselves reflected back at them through every touchpoint in order from initial contact through follow-up after the purchase has been made
Build a Customer Profile
One of the most important steps in building a successful beauty business is knowing your target market. The best way to do this is by creating a customer profile. This allows you to better understand your ideal client, what they want and need from you, how much they are willing to spend, and what they would like to see in a beauty professional.
The customer profile should include information about:
- Age & gender
- Income level
- Homeownership status
- Education level (if applicable)
Research Your Market
First, you’ll need to do some research. Find out who your ideal customer is and what they want. This will help guide how you approach marketing in the future. Are they middle-aged women? Young women? How much money do they make? What are their pain points (things that frustrate them)? What are their interests and hobbies?
Once you’ve identified these things, try to speak directly to them with different parts of your marketing tactics. For example, if someone has a passion for fitness and yoga classes, then include an offer for a free fitness session at one of your locations in your email newsletter or on social media as an incentive for booking a beauty appointment with you.
Find a Good Role Model
If you’re trying to get into the beauty industry, find someone who is already doing what you want to do and ask them questions.
This might sound obvious but it’s important to find a good role model. You want someone who is successful in their field and can help you. But they shouldn’t be too successful or busy because then they won’t have time for you! Look for someone who is willing to share their knowledge with others and will answer questions about how things work in their sector of the business.
Do Your Homework
You’ve started to build your business, you’ve figured out your target audience and you’ve seen some early success. Now is the time to get even more ambitious about growing your business by doing some serious research on where else you can find potential customers.
There are several ways that we recommend researching the market:
- Identify Your Ideal Customer
- Research Your Competition (How are they finding clients!)
- Research Your Industry
Come Up With an Offer/Bonus
It’s common to offer a discount on the service. However, you can also have a bonus for your customer—perhaps a free gift or consultation. Maybe even offer a trial session at no cost to them whatsoever. The key is coming up with an incentive that will encourage new clients to book with you and show up for their appointments!
Look at places such as Groupon to list discounts!
So, if you want more beauty clients, here’s what you can do:
- Use an automated payment system and booking system like baybi
- Make sure your online presence is up-to-date and professional.
- Be visible in your community (via social media or other events).
- Get involved with a local charity that aligns with your values and interests.
- Offer free services on a regular basis (e.g., manicures on Monday nights).
What’s the key takeaway? It’s not about being the best at everything—it’s about being known for something specific and making it stand out above all else.
If you are interested in enhancing your small beauty business, Baybi is a powerful software tool that can be used to increase your reach and aim for higher numbers in areas like customer loyalty, new introductions, advertising effectiveness and so much more. To find out how it could apply to your business, request your interest for early and completely free adoption.